Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fair Trade Soda!!!




This weekend.....in Rockport Mass...with our bags packed full of flip flops, frisbees and beach gear, we sadly drove away from the locked down, ice covered, snow packed beach... (they lock down the beaches here from November until April!!!!! WHAT?? How ridiculous! Who can possibly live that long without the ocean?! New Englanders seriously have no idea how to fully embrace the beach lifestyle)




eventually that day, our grief was somewhat relieved as we stumbled upon...




FAIR TRADE SODA!!

Yes, we tried the root beer and the blueberry. One word- Delicious.
No joke.

Now Ted and I don't drink much of the carbonated beverage, but shoot, I might start drinking it now. Not only do they use only Fair Trade sweetner, but it is completely %100 all natural and organic!!- There is no hfc (high fructose corn syrup) and it tastes so much better than coke, even better than my all time favorite, cherry coke..

They sell it in all 50 states.
This is an easy switch over for sure.
The beach bums are truly bummed about the frozen, neglected New England beaches, but happy to be drinking Maine Root during the NFL play offs. (Well Ted's watching the play offs, I'm pretending.."oh yes honey, that was a great turnover" I've learned the lingo. Thats about it.)










1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! This is Rachel Murff. I am SUPER excited you are doing this. I hate the slave trade, went to law school so I could do something about it, and still feel like I have no idea where to start most days. There isn't a lot of information out there on different companies and their practices, unfortunately. I will let you know what I find whenever I see things! Also - if you get around to it - let me know if the Limited brand clothing company uses slave labor. They are my favorite store, but I have a bad feeling about them, since most of the tags say "made in the philippines..."

    http://www.dol.gov/ilab/programs/ocft/PDF/2009TVPRA.pdf

    ReplyDelete